Welcome to Human Resources
Delivery of Services from January 2021
Essential Worker Letter – January 2021
Please find below the University letter that can be used in order to support travel arrangements and caring responsibilities through the current period of lockdown arrangements in place by the Government.
Also available on the link below is the clarification of Critical Workers from the Department for Education and this details the approach that should be followed to determine the necessity for a school place.
Changes to services
Following the changes to working practices we have adapted several key activities to ensure that they are accessible and provide access to key services. Below is an overview of some of the key changes:
Recruitment – this is something that moved to being carried out online at the beginning of lockdown. There is guidance available on the HR website on how to conduct online interviews for both recruiting managers and candidates. A large element of recruitment has been online based for quite some time, and there is guidance on this process for Recruiting Managers on the recruitment website.
DBS and Right to Work checks – both are being carried out digitally and there is support provided for anyone who requires it from the Operational Services team. This is aligned to current government guidance and we will request to see original documents where required later.
Expenses – Expenses can be submitted through the e-expenses system, either online or by using the app. The link to log in to the expenses system can be found here, along with information on how to register for an account and download the app.
Training and Development – The Organisational Development team are continuing to ensure that staff can continue to access training and development through the following mechanisms:
- Mandatory training has been redesigned so that it can be delivered virtually or through online modules
- A new site has been created on Blackboard to host interactive virtual sessions using Collaborative Ultra
- Changes have been made to the booking system to work effectively for virtual sessions
- Weekly drop-in sessions are available to offer bespoke advice to staff
- An online evaluation tool has been introduced to enable staff to provide feedback on training sessions
- Career Pathways online development tool has been launched
We have also continued to develop our wellbeing offering to help people adjust to the ever-changing situation. Details of this can be found here.
To help staff find answers to general queries we have compiled a range of FAQs. General HR and Payroll FAQs can be found here and help to answer most queries employees have. COVID related FAQs can be found here.
Both pages are reviewed and updated regularly to ensure they are as current and accurate as possible.
Email Support Contacts
We have a variety of HR email addresses to use, depending on the query; they are as follows:
- email@example.com – all benefits, payroll, pensions, annual leave, employee benefits and e-expenses queries
- firstname.lastname@example.org – all queries regarding staff training and appraisals
- email@example.com – general hr queries including recruitment, contracts, starters / leavers and parental leave
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for any queries regarding individual wellbeing inclusive of mental, physical and financial
- email@example.com – certificates regarding sickness or queries with MyView for absence entry
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for all equality, diversity and inclusion queries, including Access to Work, staff networks, Race Equality Charter
We will endeavour to ensure that we respond to your query as quickly as possible but please place as much detail as possible on the email to quicken this process.
Online drop-in sessions / appointments
As part of our commitment to continue delivering great customer service, both Payroll Services and Operational Services will be available for virtual ‘drop-in’ sessions which will run until 6pm and will take place on a Wednesday and a Friday. For each of these times there will be dedicated members of each team who they can speak to. These sessions will be communicated to staff via HR Line and the HR Twitter account once dates have been agreed.
Following on from this, for those who require further assistance there will be afternoon appointments available that will be booked and delivered via Microsoft Teams. This will give the opportunity to speak to someone more specialised in the area of the query should this be required.
We will ensure you are kept up to date on all people matters through our communication channels: