Welcome to Human Resources
Delivery of Services from January 2021
Essential Worker Letter – January 2021
Please find below the University letter that can be used in order to support travel arrangements and caring responsibilities through the current period of lockdown arrangements in place by the Government.
Also available on the link below is the clarification of Critical Workers from the Department for Education and this details the approach that should be followed to determine the necessity for a school place.
Changes to services as of January 2021
The Human Resources department continues to support the business whilst working remotely and therefore we have adapted several key activities to ensure they continue to be accessible. Below is an overview of some of the key changes.
Recruitment – this will continue to be carried out online with guidance available on the HR website. There is information on how to conduct online interviews for both recruiting managers and candidates.
DBS and Right to Work checks – both are being carried out digitally and there is support provided for anyone who requires it from the Operational Services team. This is aligned to current government guidance and we will request to see original documents where required later.
Expenses – Expenses can be submitted through the e-expenses system, either online or by using the app. The link to log in to the expenses system can be found here, along with information on how to register for an account and download the app.
Training and Development – The Organisational Development team are continuing to ensure that staff can continue to access training and development through the following mechanisms:
- Mandatory training has been redesigned so that it can be delivered virtually or through online modules
- A new site has been created on Blackboard to host interactive virtual sessions using Collaborative Ultra
- Changes have been made to the booking system to work effectively for virtual sessions
- Weekly drop-in sessions are available to offer bespoke advice to staff
- An online evaluation tool has been introduced to enable staff to provide feedback on training sessions
- Career Pathways online development tool has been launched
We have also continued to develop our wellbeing offering to help people adjust to the ever-changing situation. Details of this can be found here.
To help staff find answers to general queries we have compiled a range of FAQs. General HR and Payroll FAQs can be found here and help to answer most queries employees have. COVID related FAQs can be found here.
Email Support Contacts
- firstname.lastname@example.org – all benefits, payroll, pensions, annual leave, e-expenses queries – also for certificates regarding sickness or queries with MyView for absence entry
- email@example.com – all queries regarding staff training and appraisals
- firstname.lastname@example.org – general hr queries including recruitment, contracts, starters / leavers and parental leave
- email@example.com – for any queries regarding individual wellbeing inclusive of mental, physical and financial
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for all equality, diversity and inclusion queries, including Access to Work, staff networks, Race Equality Charter
We will endeavour to ensure that we respond to your query as quickly as possible but please place as much detail as possible on the email to quicken this process.
We will ensure you are kept up to date on all people matters through our communication channels: