Staff Development Programme for 2019/20 Launched
To support the development of our staff, the Organisational Development team, with support from a number of areas across the University, schedule a full development programme for staff to engage with each academic year.
Our aim is that staff should have access to relevant development opportunities and we are therefore committed to investing in a range of options to support this. The central programme focuses on workshops however there are a variety of other ways in which we can support your continuing professional development (CPD) as a member of staff; whether this is online resources, completing accredited programmes or staff apprenticeships.
The programme for the 2019/20 academic year with dates for most courses are now released and available for booking via the Organisational Development site. If you were on the waiting list for a course which has dates now available, you should have already received a direct email.
If you wish to view the full programme and courses available, please see the link below where bookings can also be made. You can use the categories in the drop down at the top of course list to narrow your search:
- Intercultural Communications– focusing on understanding the differences between cultures, the reasons for this and also its impact. Ideal for staff working with staff or students from a range of cultures.
- Inclusive Modern Higher Education Practices – aimed at academic staff, this workshop will investigate unconscious bias and the impact within HE as well as examining how inclusive leadership can impact the student experience.
- Train the Trainer – a new course aimed at staff delivering training as part of their role giving them the skills to engage their learners and deliver quality training.
- Investigating Officer – new course aimed at managers who are required to lead investigations within the organisation and have the required skill for this role.
- Mediation Skills – a new course aimed at senior managers to manage conflict and bring together cohesion within teams.
- Mental Health Awareness – a new online module will be available in Spring 2020 supporting the ‘Time to Change’ pledge.
If you have any questions about your development or any of the support we can offer, please contact us.