HEaTED is a membership organisation dedicated to supporting the Professional Development of Technical staff from all disciplines and specialisms in Higher Education and related fields.
They aim to achieve the following:
- Support HE Technicians in their professional and personal development
- Improve the quality of HE Technicians across all disciplines, therefore contributing to improvement of the student experience and research
- Ensure a long term supply of a high quality HE technical workforce striving for improvement
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get involved?
Registration is completely free and can be done here.
What will I gain from signing up?
You will be able to access:
- A wide range of resources both online and through the resource centre
- Careers support from STEM
- Research reports
- Enter into awards for recognition.
What CPD resources will be available to me?
You will be able to access discounted rates on specialist and soft skills professional development and training opportunities.
How do I get involved in the HEaTED community?
There are many events that occur throughout the year that members of HEaTED can attend. Find our your next networking event here.
The Technician’s Commitment
The Technician Commitment is a university and research institution initiative, led by a steering group of sector bodies, with support from the Science Council and the Gatsby Charitable Foundation’s Technicians Make It Happen campaign. The Commitment aims to ensure visibility, recognition, career development and sustainability for technicians working in higher education and research, across all disciplines. Universities and research institutes are invited to become signatories of the Technician Commitment and pledge action against the key challenges affecting their technical staff.