National Payroll Week 2021
To celebrate National Payroll Week the University’s payroll team has organised a full agenda of activities and competitions, including the chance to win £50 through the engagement platform Linc-On!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram @UniLincolnHR and don’t miss this celebration!
Log on to Linc-on during National Payroll week and find the NPW logo below which is hidden on a different page every day during the week. To be in with a chance to win, simply click on the Logo each day and when you have clicked all 5 days, two lucky winners will be chosen to receive £50 into their Linc-on account! When you click on the image an OutLook window will pop up in your screen, just type in where you found the image and click send. Good Luck!
Meet Your Payroll Team
I have worked at the University for 16 years and worked in the payroll profession for over 18 years.
I am passionate about the Payroll Profession and is involved in educating the workforce about the importance of Pay, Pensions and the Benefits we offer at the University of Lincoln for both staff and our student workforce.
I am responsible for the overall transactional processing of the payrolls which includes
- Accurate reporting and filing to the relevant statutory bodies
- Processing of statutory pension returns
- Audit and statutory compliance
- System Development and Process Improvements enhancing the Customer experience
- Promotional activities for staff and student benefits
I also work closely with the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) who help promote the key activities Payroll undertake each and every day, through celebrating with National Payroll Week.
My first job in payroll was Payroll & Pensions Administrator back in 2013 however I had started learning about payroll when I first joined the University in 2011 as an apprentice.
On my task list today I’ve got to run the weekly payrolls, annual leave calculations, process childcare invoices, complete the SSP1 form, expense advances and respond to emails after having annual leave last week!
I have been working in Payroll Services for 5 years, and some of my responsibilities are:
- Dealing with an all manner of queries from pay queries to annual leave.
- Processing of expenses
- Ensuring the accuracy and correctness and inputting payroll information
- Assist with the monthly and weekly payrolls
- Provide costings for research projects
- Administration for some of the pension schemes.
My role as Payroll Administrator here at the University typically involves preparing weekly and monthly payrolls for processing, dealing with expense claims, assisting staff and student workers with submitting claims on MyView, administering and processing payroll forms, and handling payroll and benefits queries in the first instance. Since joining the University in March this year, I’ve really enjoyed getting to know more about the university and all the fantastic work carried out by staff and students.
Do You Know What The Payroll Services Are Responsible For?
Here are some of the activities the team look after:
- Processing 4 weekly and 5 monthly payrolls, paying over 2,500 individuals a month
- Administering 6 pension schemes
- Processing employee expenses including relocation reimbursement
- Leave management (holiday, sickness and other leave of absences)
Promoting benefits through the staff engagement platform – Linc-On
- Supporting student workers through Campus Jobs, processing payment claims on a weekly pay cycle
- Salary sacrifice benefits and salary exchange
- Supporting externally funded audits
- And so much more!